Code of Conduct
We at Crooked Lane Brewing Company opened our doors in 2016, founded with a focus on integrity, quality and equality in everything we do. We believe love of craft beer is a vital connection that brings people of all walks of life together, and we foster a culture where kindness and respect for everyone is our top priority.
As an employer, we have endeavored to cultivate a working environment where diversity is celebrated, and we seek to provide all our staff opportunities for personal and professional development.
We value honest and authentic feedback from our staff and visitors, and make meaningful improvements based on their recommendations.
We are a diverse company, and our customers are diverse as well. It’s critical to us to keep our place one where all kind humans are welcome to be themselves.
Expectations for leaders, employees, customers and vendors of Crooked Lane Brewing Co.:
All of our employees, guests, and vendors must be treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to providing an atmosphere free of harrassment and discrimination.
We will not tolerate any harassment or discrimination directed at our employees, visitors, or vendors, be it by any person within our sphere of influence.
Harassment can be identified by the following:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, age, race, or religion.
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Deliberate misgendering, epithets, or unwelcome name use of nicknames.
- Displaying sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate.
- Unwelcome physical contact or imposition.
- Unwelcome sexual attention.
- Promising employment benefits for sexual favors.
- Threatening reprisals following a sexual advance.
- Threats, or incitement of violence.
- Deliberate intimidation.
- Stalking or following.
Harassment of any kind is unacceptable and prohibited. This prohibition extends to company-sanctioned events and social gatherings. Employees are expected to maintain professional behavior at all times. If visitors or vendors to Crooked Lane Brewing Co. are deemed to be harassing any of our employees or other visitors, they will be asked to leave.
All allegations of harassment will be taken seriously. Employees must immediately report conduct in violation of this code of conduct to their manager or an ownership representative of Crooked Lane.
Once a report is made, we will conduct a timely and thorough investigation. If our investigation shows our policies have been violated, it will be addressed to deter any further inappropriate conduct. These actions may include disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Most importantly, any reporter making a claim of harassment in good faith will suffer no retaliation from anyone within the company.
We will conduct biennial sexual harassment training for our employees and management. In addition, we will participate in Weave’s Safe Night Out training, to help educate our employees to recognize the signs of domestic and sexual violence and how to keep our establishment safe.